Media Credential Policy/Guidelines
Southern National welcomes digital, print and television media to cover the races at the track in 2018.
To apply for credentials, please have the editor of your newspaper, website or magazine send a letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with the name of the reporter(s), the name of the news outlet, what coverage you are providing and an email address and phone number we can reach you at.
Please send credential requests to Southern National Motorsports Park media relations at least 48 hours prior to the event. Credentials will be reviewed and approved on a case-by-case basis. Southern National Motorsports Park reserves the right to deny credentials to media outlets for any reason.
Local media outlets are encouraged to attend our races and may be given flexibility on credential deadlines and requirements. If you are with a local newspaper or TV station, we request that you inform the track in advance and wear your press credential/ID badge.
Southern National Motorsports Park will accommodate media as much as possible. A press box is available on a first come/first serve basis Southern National Motorsports Park does not provide internet access to the press box, so please prepare accordingly. SNMP will also send out postrace recaps after every race. To receive these recaps, please email us at email@example.com.
Media Credential Guidelines:
- Members of the media are requested to dress and act professionally at all times.
- Photographers and videographers may not sell photos or videos taken at Southern National Motorsports Park without the expressed written permission of speedway owner Michael Diaz and NASCAR.
- Southern National Motorsports Park requires reporters who cover races provide SNMP with published work before (for pre-race coverage) and after each event.
- Southern National Motorsports Park requests prior notification for any reporters who intend to post live updates on Facebook, Twitter, other social media outlets. Liveblogging (lap-by-lap updates) is prohibited unless approved by Southern National Motorsports Park.
- Southern National Motorsports Park does not grant exclusive rights to race coverage to any media outlet.
- Live streaming video coverage of races is prohibited unless authorized by Southern National Motorsports Park owner Michael Diaz.