2017 Late Model Rules (LMSC)
Download a Printable Version - CLICK HERE
NASCAR Feature Division I Class
Requires NASCAR Division Feature I License to participate in any LMSC event at SNMP
All Crew Members are required to have NASCAR Whelen ALL-American Series Crew License
Southern National Motorsports Park will follow the 2017 NASCAR Whelen All American Series Rule Book With the following exceptions.
|ENGINE||TOTAL WEIGHT||RIGHT SIDE WEIGHT||CARBURETOR|
|General Motors 602 Crate Engine||3000||1325||390 CFM Carb w/1” spacer|
|General Motors 603 Crate Engine||3025||1325||390 CFM Carb w/1” spacer|
|General Motors 604 Crate Engine
W/ 1.6 Rockers
General Motors 604 Crate Engine
W/ 1.5 Rockers
|500 CFM Carb w/no spacer
500 CFM Carb w/no spacer
|Ford 347JR Engine||3050||1350||390 CFM Carb w/no spacer|
|Ford 347SR Engine||3075||1375||450 CFM Carb Combination|
|NWAAS Built Engine||3100||1400||450 CFM Carb Combination|
|NWAAS Built Engine||3000||1350||350 CFM Carb w/no spacer|
|Little Hickory Engine||3100||1400||500 CFM Carb Combination|
|70cc Dillon (DMS Spec Engine)||3100||1400||450 CFM Carb Combination|
Clarification: The New 500 CFM Ultra Carburetor Will Not Be Allowed to Compete at All. Not by itself or as part of the 450 CFM Carb Combination.
- One (1) piece, solid, open aluminum carburetor spacer, One (1) inch thick maximum, may be installed between the intake manifold and carburetor. Maximum paper gasket thickness 0.065”
- The spacer must be centered on the intake manifold. No taper, bevels, or any modifications permitted.
- Carburetor Main Body section must remain as supplied from Holley. Center section will be inspected visually and with carburetor Go / No Go tools. Carburetor Throttle Body (Base Plate) will be inspected the same way all throttle bores must be completely round.
- Only Holley replacement parts or service parts can be used in any carburetor rework. Carburetor rework must follow the rework guidelines set forth in the NASCAR 2016 rule book for the Main Body, Boosters, Venturi, Carburetor Throttle Body (Base Plate). All
- Choke Horn may not be removed.
- All carburetor parts must be Holley.
- All cars will be weighed with driver in a driving position. (3/4lb per lap will be the fuel burn off calculation)
- Only fuel burn off will be allowed to be calculated back in to the final weight after race. Nothing else will be added.
- Weight of car must be on back of hood for tech purposes.
- Any car competing with dislodged or lost weight may not add it back to make weight requirements after the race.
- All lead weight must be added to chassis securely and marked with car number.
- No tungsten allowed.
- No canister shocks or cockpit adjustable shocks permitted.
- Steel body one way adjustable permitted.
- Aluminum one way adjustable shocks permitted.
Claim Rule: Shocks can be claimed for $1400 cash as long as the claim procedures are followed. The only shocks that can be claimed are the Top 5 finishing positions for that event only. The competitor claiming the shocks must finish in the top 5 of the finishing order and behind the competitor whose shocks are being claimed for that event and on the lead lap.
The Competitor claiming the shocks must do the following for the claim to be correctly done:
- $1400 (cash only)
- Written statement must be given to the Head Tech within 10 minutes of completion of the last lap of the competitors feature event
- Written statement must have the following information on it
- Name of Competitor making claim
- Finish Position of Competitor making claim
- Name of Competitor whose shocks are being claimed
- Finish position of Competitor that shocks are being claimed from
Failure to comply with this claim rule will result in a $1400 fine, loss of purse money and finishing position for that event.
Travel Limiting Devices
- All downward chassis movement while the race vehicle is in competition must be limited only by the normal increasing stiffness of the springs.
- As an option, one (1) Track-approved front suspension travel limiting device (bump stops, coil binding, etc.) per front wheel may be used.
- Vehicles with coil-over suspensions will be allowed an external travel limiting device. The mounting hardware must be made of metal and be mounted in the same location as a shock would be mounted on a conventional (big spring) type suspension and mounted with ½ inch diameter magnetic steel bolt and nut.
- Mechanical travel indicating rods may be used.
- Remote adjusters for the travel limiting device will not be permitted.
- Current spring rules and sway bar rules will be enforced.
- Current shock absorber rules will be enforced with the exceptions that the suspension travel may be limited by the shock absorber when travel limiting devices such as bump stops are used on the shock absorber shaft.
- Height rules such as frame height and fuel cell height etc. must comply to the current rules but will only be inspected before qualifying or before the race. Heights will not be a post-race inspection due to the time required for the race vehicle to return to its normal static height.
All decisions by the Competition Director are Final.
If any part is found to be illegal the racer will be disqualified for that night and forfeit finishing position and prize money.
LITTLE HICKORY ENGINE GUIDELINES
NOTE: DUE TO THE GUIEDLINES ONE HOW THIS MOTOR IS BUILT THIS MOTOR WILL BE TORN DOWN AT THE TRACK THAT NIGHT IF IT FINISHES IN THE TOP 3 TO VERIFY THAT IT IS CORRECT
1 - Must be standard factory production engine.
2 - OEM crank shaft only. (Minimum 50Lb)
3 - Stock crankshaft with 3.480" stroke and maximum bore size of 4.060.
4 - No deburring or polishing of crankshaft permitted.
5 - Balancing only.
6 - Stock, standard balancer only.
7 - 600 gram piston/pin/ring combo min. (Stock Components – NO CUSTOM MADE PARTS)
8 - 500 gram piston/pin add 50 lbs., 25 each side.
9 – No dome Pistons.
10 - 5.7 length rod Chevrolet, 6.0 lengths in Ford Chrysler.
11 - Heads must be standard production. Zero Deck. Chevrolet must be straight plug. Max valve size intake 2.02, exhaust 1.60.
Ford/Chrysler same as LMSC.
12 - No Titanium valves or parts.
13 - Heads min 62cc.
14 - Intake Chevrolet Edelbrock #2101, #2116, or GM casting # 12464340.
15 - Ford Windsor Edelbrock #M9424-C358.
16 - Cams may be solid or hydraulic but have a min. valve lift of no more than. 475 measured at the valve retainer as engine was raced. No roller cams.
17 - Roller rockers may be used.
18 - Headers may be used. (2009) LMSC type only.
19 - Exhaust pipes must be as (2009) LMSC>
20 - HEI or MSD ignition allowed. No magnetos.
21 - 7 1/4” or 5 1/2” clutch allowed. Steel flywheels only.
First event will be a 4 tire event other events will be 2 New 2 Scuff
- All competitors must purchase four (4) new Hoosier F45 tires for the first event of the season from Southern National Motorsports Park on the day of competition. Tires will be mounted on track supplied wheels.
- Wheels will be marked with competitors Number during the mounting process.
- All competitors will return all 4 wheels and tires after the competition of each event.
- Competitor will mark the 2 tires they want to use as there scuffs for the next event and make the track official know what size tires they want mounted on the other rims for the next event.
- For all competitors that do not compete weekly at SNMP. They will purchase the required number of tires for the event and those tires will be mounted on track wheels. Both tires and wheels will be returned at the end of the event.
- Any competitor that does not return all 4 wheels and tires will have $37.50 per tire and $100 per wheel deducted from there payout. If there payout does not cover the amount owed to SNMP then that competitor cannot compete in any future events until the balance owed to SNMP for wheels and tires is paid in full.
- If any SNMP wheel is damaged beyond use (Which will be determined by track official) the competitor will pay $ 100 to replace the wheel. The $100 will be deducted from the payout of that competitor. If the payout does not cover the fee for the replacement wheel then the competitor must pay the fee to the track prior to competing in the next event.
- There will be some specials promotions night where competitors will receive FREE tires for the event. These tires must be returned to the track or $37.50 will be assessed per tire and deducted from the competitors payout.